ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Contests, competitions, prizes, freebies  Hop To Forums  Contests & Competitions    Any ideas for a contest?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Katerina, Libby, mcshaun, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Persona non grata
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Posted Hide Post
Since no one has been here for awhile, I just thought I'd reiterate my thought on having an essay for those participating members that need a star. I wrote it in another thread and while I know some might take it as a personality contest, I think it could be done in a mature manner (by the votees and the voters). Admin could chose like maybe 10 folks and have them write an essay on "whatever" and then the rest of the board votes. There are enough of us here, old and new (which I still consider myself-new) that I think the outcome would be fair. Plus think of all the interesting essays we could read. I don't know how often the budget would allow, but I thought quarterly or even twice a year.
So, again, any takers? What do ya'll think. Personally I like the idea.
Thanks for listening
B2

Posts: 3733 | Registered: August 10, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Minister
Picture of ShamansSmile
Posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun idea Becksters!
Loves you,
David

"The quality of mercy is not strained, it falleth as the gentle rain from heaven, upon the place below, it is twice blessed, it blesseth he who gives, and he who takes" Merchant of Venice

Posts: 2224 | Registered: January 05, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Persona non grata
Posted Hide Post
Lickin' finger and putting one on the "board". Thanks, David, I just would really love to hear some "real" feedback on this. I'm tyring to be honest and fair, so if anyone can come to the plate, or at the very least come up with somehting elsel...well this is the place to be. Remember the operative word here is "maturity" and NOT being a person that gets your feelings hurt easily. It would not be a popularity contest, it would be an essay...Get it? thoughts and how you convey them. Much like I NEED to learn.
Blessed night to all

B2

Posts: 3733 | Registered: August 10, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post

Posted Hide Post
I think writing an essay on how pharmacy watchers

has changed your life in positive way would

make for a good essay. Of course they essay

can't be too long or it would make it hard too

do and, too hard for the judge(s) of the contest.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: November 06, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Chargé d’ affaires ad interim
Picture of hydrogen
Posted Hide Post
I like the idea, but of course, as I mentioned before, I think it should be an anonymous contest.

IE: The "judges" or whomever was voting would not know the author of the essay.

What a simple, stupid ray of sunshine.
-H

Posts: 1671 | Registered: July 28, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary
Picture of A_Desert_Rat
Posted Hide Post
Okay, here is MHO. I don't mind writing an essay, however, there may be folks here that don't feel able to write one for what-ever reason. And that is okay. We all don't have to be John Grishom's to be a member of PW. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable with a contest.

I am in agreement in keeping the author's anonymous for obvious reasons.

Will exit now before my foot gets stuck in my very large mouth.

ADR

"I do not suffer from insanity, I am enjoying every minute of it"

Posts: 752 | Registered: August 01, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Persona non grata
Posted Hide Post
Hey ADR
You know how on Jerry McGuire she said "you got me at hello" or something like that? Well you got me at mentioning my ALL TIME FAVORITE AUTHOR John Grisham. No the candidtates do not have to be lawyers, scholars, teachers, nor typists. It just needs to be spoken from the heart. I will say, and no offense to you Rosie, that the subject really shouldn't be "Why I love PW's and what it has given me" or whatever, because we already have a thread for that. I think (personally) that it should be any subject, as long as it does relate to recovery, addiction, ROP's, NROP's (if they still exist) life experiences whether with living with chronic pain or an abuser or drugs, who knows.
Also, would we only chose a certain amount of folks like putting your name in a hat, or let it saty open to anyone wanting a membership? That would be fair, but it would also mean giving the contestants like a week maybe to sign up. One week, after that, you have to wait for the next time...if there is a next time. This is a new concept, one that to me could prove very interesting as I would love to hear some stories of different variety and concept. Does this make sense to anyone? I hope so because to me it sounds like a cool idea.
Now we just need to get the mods to get admin to get the ball rolling. and hope the winner doesn't have a problem getting the stars that "want to be paying members" are having such a hard time getting due to the "glitch" with the Groupee account sing on. (re: see Codi's posts)
Hope I'm not stepping out of line
B2

Assistant Attaché
Posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Well, I definitely need a star, I would love to participate in this contest, if it is something that people are still interested in. Is this still an open topic?

Everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Posts: 75 | Registered: March 03, 2006 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Third Secretary
Posted Hide Post
With so many talented graphic artists on the boards, I would like to suggest a Holiday theme. Maybe start with Thanksgiving since Halloween is right around the corner. I imagine some beautiful sites to behold. I don't know at all what the prize would be other than the recognition, which in itself is quite an honor. It would leave alot of us computer illiterate out, but we'd still have the pleasure of seeing them and voting on them.
Just a thought.
B2?!

Posts: 126 | Registered: September 22, 2006 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post

Posted Hide Post
Puff would win hands down! Big Grin

Posts: 4112 | Registered: November 06, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Third Secretary
Posted Hide Post
Rosie
Don't underestimate yourself!! You do beautiful work and JUJU has come a really long way too. I'm lucky to get a smiley on mine!!
Becky

Posts: 126 | Registered: September 22, 2006 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Minister
Picture of juju
Posted Hide Post
Bec...I am with Rosie on this one....Puff all the way Big Grin..juju

Posts: 2022 | Registered: September 23, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Third Secretary
Posted Hide Post
OK I concur. But it would still be alot of nice pics to look at, huh?
Becky

Counselor
Picture of dragonfly
Posted Hide Post
I am one of those people of few words I hated writting assays in school and that has not changed in the last ???? years.

Wishing all pain free days Dragonfly

Posts: 1089 | Registered: May 08, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community  Page 1 2 3 4 5   

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Contests, competitions, prizes, freebies  Hop To Forums  Contests & Competitions    Any ideas for a contest?

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.