ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    Mail Order Scripts
Page 1 2 

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Senior Secretary

Posted
I am sure this little loop hole has been discovered but I hope you will be able to explain this to me. While doing some research I ran across an ad for a group that states that if you have a valid script they will contact your doctor and then fill it. You would Fax your script to this group. How do the Docs keep track of filled scripts? Why couldn't you send a copy of a valid script? What safe guards are in place to prevent a double fill?

Mine are written on regular, single copy script pads and noted in my file. What happens to it after I take it to the drug store and have it filled?

I am sure they have closed this gap by now but I can't figure out how it is done.

Any ideas/information will be very much appreciated.

Posts: 962 | Registered: July 09, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Civilian Assistant Attaché
Picture of Darian537
Posted Hide Post
try copying a script you get from doctor,you'll see void or copy all thru it.you might be able to scan a copy but federal/medicare (and most states if not all) won't accept scripts that don't have copy protection in them,I think there are 3 different things that make them valid.I rarely see a script anymore,I have my dr take care of everything,send to pharmacy etc.I'm guessing in the past this might of been possible,or people stealing prescription pads but pharmacies always call the dr to confirm script,they might fax but I assume they use special forms for this too?If called the dr secretary/nurse would look in file and confirm paperwork with pharmacy,if they made a mistake they'd call and you'd have to call dr to get it straightened out,if they didn't catch it you can bet the insurance company would.You might get that script but they'd move your refil date up or not give you any the next month.Different insurance compaies have different refil dates,SS allows refils after 75% of prescription has been used other go by 30 days only.

Darian537

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 09, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary

Posted Hide Post
Darian, that makes sense because this seems too good to be possible. Different parts of the country must have different procedures. My script is on a plain white script pad and it copies with no identifying marks. I am using self pay so there is no insurance involved.

I have never knowingly broken a law in my life but it sure would be a relief to have some back up in this unsettling climate. I realize it is available through internet sources if you can pay $500+ for one script.

At this point, I am just asking questions. I doubt if I would ever try it.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Posts: 962 | Registered: July 09, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Citizen
Posted Hide Post
Please be careful I went to prison for prescription fraud NO JOKE NO FUN!

Posts: 10 | Registered: February 06, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary

Posted Hide Post
Hi there Binkybear..

I'm just cruising through some older threads and came across this one...for some reason this is the first time I saw this??

Anyway..I know of a couple people that had gotten in BIG trouble for prescription fraud. Actually, an older member here had mentioned her cousin did it by just calling the pharmacy early AM, and acting like he/she was with the docs office and called in a script for Hydro (think that's what it was) for him/herself that I guess was already on file at that pharmacy.

Never heard if they got caught later down the road, but it DID work and the person was able to go in and pick the script up. Now I would THINK that sooner or later that persons doctor would have found out?? I guess all they did was get the docs DEA number from previous scripts, and then called it in. This person that had mentioned it here no longer signs in here...so we can't find out whatever happened with that.

I just can't believe that they got up that much nerve to try that though!! Eeker

I also knew of another person that told me she and I think two others had stolen a script pad, or pads from a docs office, and had a little thing going for a while. BUT..they all got caught, and if my feeble memory is correct I think she was the only one of the three to get out of prison early (forgot why) and 1 was in prison for 10 or more years, and the other one died in prison or soon after they got out??

I could be a little off..just trying to remember the details, and it was a while ago.

But I would suggest and PLEAD with anyone thinking of trying script fraud to realize you will most likely be caught, and it's NOT a slap on the wrist from what I have heard.

Binkybear..I see you posted you were caught for script fraud. I am sorry, and I hope things have looked up for you since you got out of prison. Please..don't think I'm judging you..I'm not. I wish you the best!!

After reading this thread, I was wondering if you would mind sharing what happened to you when you were caught? Like how long were you locked up for..are/were you on parole when you got out? I would imagine you might have trouble with local docs and/or pharmacies if they had a way to "red flag" you?

It might be good to give an example coming from someone that did this first hand (what I know is only word of mouth) and the trouble you got in..BUT..if it is too personal, or painful to post..please don't do that to yourself. Just figured I would ask.

Sorry for the long post..me and my novels.. Roll Eyes

BTW..not sure if I ever welcomed you Binkybear? If not then I am now..WELCOME TO PW!!! Smiler

And again..I truely hope you are doing well now.

Posts: 6728 | Registered: September 18, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary

Posted Hide Post
Oh, don't worry -- I wouldn't do it, like I said, I have never knowingly broken a law in my life. I have never even had a traffic ticket!

I was just thinking of the desparate people we see who themselves are being frauded and how some of the problems we have with legit places cause them to shut down.

I am sorry you had a bad time and hope hope all is well with you now.

Citizen
Posted Hide Post
Hello there Shawn...
I don't mind sharing at all. I actually worked in the medical field for about 5 years so I knew the lingo and the medical termonology...Let me begin by saying never ever once when I worked in the medical field did I obtain prescriptions illegally..About a year or so after I stopped working I became pregnant and was able to be a stay at home mom...I had a little bit Of Post partum depression and anxiety of being a new mother. My Doctor put me on Xanax which worked very well for me. After being on a normal dose for about a year..I started increasing my dose..long story short..at my highest point I was taking 14 of the .5mg or 7 of the 1mg all in one shot...I was so addicted to them I didn't know how to stop...obviously my Doc was not giving me that many so I started calling in my own scripts...I was so good at it because I had done it for years working in the medical field. I knew exactly what to say..where to call it into, what time of day ect ect.
I made up patients names, I knew alot of Docs DEA #.
It became so easy I had 5 or 6 pharmacies going with probly about 20-30 different names..I can not even count how many times I had done it..But like all good things..it must come to an end. The first time I got caught I belive but I am not to sure I called a mg of xanax in and they were out of that mg so they called the Docs office to get approval of another mg..anyway needless to say the Doc was like hmmm we don't have a patient by that name..Long story short my parents hired me a very good lawyer which in turn got me off as long as I followed a certain program through drug court. I was way to deep into my addiction by then and yes as much as it scared me I continued doing it,,,I had been in and out of county jail for about 3 years, I would violate probation and end back in the county. a week here a couple months there...As much as I hated it I could not control my addiction even detox centers would only help temporaraly and in jail the Psyc doctor was giving me xanax.anyway my 3rd time getting caught is what sent me to prison.which was the best thing that could have happen to me..It probably saved my life..who knows how much more my body could have taken...add one more mg to the 7mg i was already taking and it could have killed me.....Who Knows...I did recieve a two year sentence which the judge changed to an 18 months due to mitigating circumstances(thank god she saw through me and that I was not some criminal but a drug addict that needed help not prison) but by LAW I had to serve some sort of prison time. I was released after 1 year and never looked back...just forward...i would have not been able to do it without my family's support(no way) they visited me every weekend..My son who is the absolute love of my life who I would die for a million times over does not remember to much (thank God)That is what all my guilt was about..It destroyed my motherhood and I lived with so much guilt..Now I am the Mom I would not trade for a million bucks...I was very fortunate, alot of people who do this get like 4 years, Believe it or not there were about 20 people in prison the same time I was that was in there for prescription fraud. I was never on parole, I did have 2 years probation and succesfully completed it. I have been out since Feb 2004.

Posts: 10 | Registered: February 06, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Picture of pharmboy
Posted Hide Post
Wow, what a story Binkybear! Congrats too. I don't take benzos that often, and when I do it is usually around bed time. I mean .5 mg to 1 mg of xanax and I fade to dark usually. It is hard for me to fathom getting hooked on them or taking 7 mg at once. But I know it happens, just like people go crazy with pain meds. Probably a good indication that we always be vigilent and have a healthy respect that anyone can get over our heads at times. I am happy your problems seem behind you Binkybear.
PB

FORE! PLAYING THROUGH!

Posts: 7584 | Registered: October 02, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Chargé d’ affaires ad interim

Posted Hide Post
Binkybear you are an amazing woman. To have gone through all that and to come out the other side..You should be very proud of what you have accomplished.

I hope things for you stay bright and safe. Let you're story be inspiration to others...

Hugs

Try a simple act of kindness!

Posts: 1533 | Registered: October 03, 2006 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Minister
Picture of Smarty
Posted Hide Post
Wow that WAS an amazing story and it really touched me, in ways you'll never know. Things happen for a reason and I think it was probably a Godsend that you got the help you needed or you wouldn't be here to take care of your child. I needed to hear that. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.

Posts: 2167 | Registered: March 15, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Citizen
Posted Hide Post
I truly appreciate that...

Citizen
Posted Hide Post
TO EVERYONE who replied to my post...THANK YOU!!
It is people like you who can understand even a little about prescription meds and how they can control your life that I wish I would have been able to converse with when I was a true addict.
Again guys THANKS!!!
Binkeybear.......

Minister
Picture of Smarty
Posted Hide Post
Like I said your post helped me a lot. Please come back. We really are a good group of people. People who understand.

Posts: 2167 | Registered: March 15, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of Ms. Mag
Posted Hide Post
Binkybear,
You have a lot to offer a lot of people by sharing your life lessons. You would be an asset to our group here. Please do stick around.

Posts: 1087 | Registered: September 24, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Third Secretary
Posted Hide Post
Binkybear,
I PM'd you, and I hope you read it and know how much your story has meant to me. I have only been around PW for about a month, but have learned so much and have gotten so much help from everyone. There are some wonderful people on this board and are there to help whenever it was needed. Hope to hear from you many times over, you are a blessing in disguise to me!! Good luck and stay strong

Posts: 108 | Registered: March 19, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community  Page 1 2   

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    Mail Order Scripts

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.