ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other topics related to buying meds online    How long does vicodin stay in your system.

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Citizen
Posted
I have been on vicodin for a little over a year, about 3/4 into the year, the pills stopped working. I found that I had to take more than was prescribed to deal with the pain. Then they stopped working all together. Here is my question. I have been off those pills for a little over a month. If I start taking them will they work again? I was also wondering how long they stay in your system?

Posts: 11 | Registered: November 29, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Assistant Army, Naval and Air Attaché
Posted Hide Post
How much were you taking?I would say they would start working again,somewhat for a little while untill a tolerance is built back up.When you stopped taking them,did you have any withdrawl symptoms?I don't know how long it stays in your system...someone else here will know that one for sure.

Posts: 246 | Registered: March 24, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Citizen
Posted Hide Post
I am on 10/325 2 Pills twice daily. The withdrawl symptoms were aching of the legs and some mild crabbiness. People were telling me I would probally end up on methadone. I am pretty surprised that the withdrawl wasnt worse. I appreciate all your help and hope someone can lead me in the right direction.

Posts: 11 | Registered: November 29, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Posted Hide Post
My foyfriend took Tramadol,Hydro5/500/norco10/325/combined for a year.He then had a total hip replacement operation.He took so many pain killers I still can't believe he could still function!He don't drink,or do anything else.He has never used any drugs.But the year before his surgery he HAD to load up and it still did not take care of the pain.Immediatly after surgery he was on morphine and oxy's.Then to wrap it all up he took percs.But I can't believe He NEVER had ANY withdrawls at all! Even after all those pain meds.NOT ONE SYMPTOM.He never tapered either.You have not taken that much for that long so that's why your symptoms were not that bad.Some people are just like that too.They can take all kinds of pills for a decent period of time and then just stop,with no problem.While other people just take a few for a little while and can't stop at all.If you start taking the norco 10/325's again....you will DEFINITLY feel them working!I would imagaine that after a month of no norco,(the small amount you took)It would/should be outta your system.IMO, maybe not even that long.But I'm not 100% sure.Good luck.

Posts: 246 | Registered: March 24, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Picture of alphabeta
Posted Hide Post
Thats what I take with the option of one extra for bt pain, and let me tell you
if I may. That the WD's from 50mgs per days is quite formitable with all the bad stuff
except seizures which I take klonopin an anti-seizure med that would probably eliminate
that risk.

But let me say again running out is tantamount to a living "hell on Earth"!

Alpha

Posts: 5631 | Registered: October 28, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Posted Hide Post
Believe me....I have gone through the most horrific withdrawls in the past.They were so bad I had to go to a hospital detox thing.I was there 13 days and it took me a month before I could even walk again.I was weak,sick and felt horribal to say the very least.It was an entire year without opiates before I felt normal again.I had all the symptoms and I wanted to die it was so bad.It was the worst thing I've ever gone through.(alot of you out there know exactly what I am talking about)After about 2 years without any opiates,I started taking tramadol for my pain.I've been taking them everyday since.I have to take one as soon as I wake up.No need for me to say anymore about my deal. My life will never be the same(before opiates)I cannot live with the pain.I don't care if I have to take these pills till I die.I refuse to suffer.No one should have to suffer with pain.

Citizen
Posted Hide Post
Kelly..Why would you want to start back up on the hydros if you have been off them for 2 months. I know alot of us here would love to get to the stage that your at. If I were you and I had gotten through 2 months without any hydros, then I would never touch them again. Believe me, when you start back up you may feel the meds at first but shortly after youll be right back to square one but this time withdrawls with more then likely be much worst then the first time that you quit taking them....man, I dont wish then on anyone! Good Luck with whatever you deciede to do.
Take care,
Janell

Posts: 9 | Registered: January 05, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of janie
Posted Hide Post
janell, I second that!

Posts: 1193 | Registered: June 19, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community    

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other topics related to buying meds online    How long does vicodin stay in your system.

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.