ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    New to buying meds online, any advice?

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Citizen
Picture of muffins
Posted
Hi all,
I'm new to this online pharmacy stuff so any help is appreciated, glad I came across this forum. I've been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks my whole adult life and have seen a lot of doctors/psychiatrists. Long story short they all try to prescribe me anti-depressents which have horrid side effects for me and simply don't work stop the anxiety. Tried all the benzodiazepines and found that Ativan works wonders for me and lasts almost all day at a low dosage. Doctors will only prescribe me this on a "temporary basis". I've been taking Ativans for about a year now (been buying them from unlicensed sources) and basically know this is the cure for my anxiety.

Sorry about all that....I guess what I'm wondering is I have another doctors appointment this next week which will be my last with this doctor. Do I need my medical reocrds to go on to my online consultation with an online doctor? Can they actually write me a perscription online that I can go to safeway and get filled? And lastly, does anyone know of any good online consultation websites(the cheaper the better) that they could share? I realize a lot of these sites are scams.

Thanks all!

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 23, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Assistant Attaché
Picture of Southern Girl
Posted Hide Post
Hi, muffins, sorry to hear about your anxiety!! I have had panic attacks before myself, and it's nothing to be taken lightly. I was a teenager when my dr. first prescribed me anti-depressants-- now they are coming out with all of these warning about teenagers and anti-depressants... kind of scary..
Anyway, get your records and read the boards.. There are a lot of great people here with a lot of great suggestions. With valid records, you'll have no problem at all. Hope I was a little help!

Posts: 81 | Registered: January 27, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Chargé d’ affaires ad interim

Posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board...
There is a lot of information on different sites..Just look around at the various threads and you are sure to find something...

Yes you will need a copy of your medical records for online consults...
Avant is a good place to start. They are a direct script..

Good luck and again WELCOME!

Try a simple act of kindness!

Posts: 1534 | Registered: October 03, 2006 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Assistant Attaché
Picture of 32flavors
Posted Hide Post
I second the vote for starting with Avant. Nothing but good things and well worth the consult fee. Welcome and I know you're sure to find all the information you need!

"... I am 32 flavors and then some.." ~ ani di franco

Posts: 56 | Registered: February 03, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Chargé d’ affaires ad interim

Posted Hide Post
All in favor say I!!

Sorry I just couldn't resist!! Roll Eyes

Try a simple act of kindness!

Posts: 1534 | Registered: October 03, 2006 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Citizen
Picture of muffins
Posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! I'm getting in touch with cust service at Avant to find out what they need in terms of my medical records.

You guys rock Smiler!!!

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 23, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary
Picture of *~*Peanut*~*
Posted Hide Post
Hi Muffins! Sorry I did not welcome you sooner, but I see a few of friends made sure to drop you a post Smiler

Have you had any luck finding the medication you needed?

I hope so. Don't hesitate to ask questions, or share information. There are several threads for buisness and pleasure, be sure to get comfortable with both! We are a group that likes to have fun!

Posts: 777 | Registered: May 06, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Citizen
Posted Hide Post
I use Consults Direct a written script which I sent to my insurance.
They were great.
I got my script via Fedex and then mailed it to my insurance.
If I correct they will call in your script to the pharmacy.
You have to have medical records etc.
Poor Debbie I had to call her or e-mail her a few times for questions but got it straightened out.
I have been having terrible migraines but know my TMJ acted up and they want to do a minor surgcial procedure and I just don't have the time.
It is good to see OP's doing scripts instead of sending medications.
have a great night and a better tomorrow Smiler

Trust and happiness has a nice feeling. Smiler

Posts: 36 | Registered: October 03, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community    

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    New to buying meds online, any advice?

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.