ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    lyrica does anyone know..

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Senior Secretary

Posted
Hey I am looking for two part advise here! I hope there is someone with in or PW family that can help!
I have lost my insurance with out any warning,am not working much,and the job I do have offers some kind of insurance,so off course I filled out the enrollment forms as soon as I got them even though I am just going to be working for insurance but that is OK~but they woops~forgot to fax my papers in. My medication is costing us 135..... a week!!! We are way past out of money,and both my meds are "do not stop taking suddenly".

First off is there anyone here that knows anything about the pfiser script program?? How much help they give people in need,how to go about gettin enrolled, how long does it take to go in to effect?I know I have heard of them having a progam and they make my nerve med lyrica.

Second part of my ? is ~Does anyone know what will happen if I do stop taken it all at once? I am and have been on 600 mg a day for 6 months along with 60-80 mg of oxycodone. I do not have the money to keep filling both of these scripts,and can not go to my PM doc as I don't have any insurance(don't really want him to know that~hoping that I will be covered by the time I have to go in again.)
Pretty darn frickin mess I have my self in and not good at all at the hole tapper thing...but if I don't have a choice than...
Anyway I am pretty sure I read some scarry things about comming off the lyrica but can't remeber what or where or how commen they where!Does anyone have experances comming off lyrica?If so love for you to share! I already know what I am in for with the percs~and am not looking forward to it! Hopping I can hold out on that one till I can afford some kratom!

Anyway sorry for the long post~and thank you in advance for any and all help I get with this one!

TTFN~Naughty Cool

The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.

~Alfred Adler~

Posts: 939 | Registered: April 17, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Army, Naval and Air Attaché
Picture of nannyann
Posted Hide Post
There used to be a site helpingpatients.org and they have changed the name but I think that the old address still works. It has a wizard to help you see if you qualify for the pharm programs. I get some of my meds free thru the pharm programs.
They started my 32yr old on Lycra last week and it is making her crazier than she already is and is tearing up her stomach. She is going to call her pain Dr tomorrow and see what he says. Can't help you on the W/D from it.
Good luck It sux not having any insurance
nanny

Posts: 650 | Registered: October 22, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary

Posted Hide Post
Hey Nanny,good to hear from you! Thanks for the lead, I will deffinatly check it out! Do they have links for the programs by the pharmacy companys or is it for the discount med programs I'm wondering??? because I use a pharmacy that specalises in pain meds, and they don't take any of the discount cards,but they will take the voucers from the manufatuer! I supose that I could switch pharmacys if I had to( especially if it is a matter of meds or no meds yah know...I guess that is a no brainer)

As for your daughter and the nerve meds~it took a couple weeks of taking the stuff for it to really work for me~but my mother in law was on it and it messed her up really bad..she could not even walk on the stuff! Now she is taking its sister med nerantin(SP???) and it is working great for her. So maybe she couild ask her dr bout that one,since they are very simaler meds! Just an idea!

Would still love any other ideas or help I can get~especially if anyone know about the prescription plan though PFISER! And i am still scarred about the side effects of going off the lyrica all at once because it says right on the bottle not to!?

The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.

~Alfred Adler~

Posts: 939 | Registered: April 17, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Army, Naval and Air Attaché
Picture of nannyann
Posted Hide Post
naughty, my meds came to my PCP's office. The site I was talking about is
https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php
but helpingpatients.org gets you there too. They have a wizard that walks you thru the process and I looked and Lycra is on there.
The wizard ask you about your age, income and that kind of stuff. The wizard will even let you print out the stuff that you need to take to your Dr and then all he has to do is fill out his part and they send it off and the meds come to his office if you qualify. I don't think that any pain meds are on any of the programs but the Lycra is on it.
My daughter stopped the Lycra and her stomach got better in hours. She talked to her pain Dr today but she didn't tell me what he said. We are raising her children and she only talks to me when she wants something.
nanny

Posts: 650 | Registered: October 22, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of mistletoe10899
Posted Hide Post
My dr prescribed this for me yesterday just wondering how bad it is or good. Anyone with any info? Naughty did you quit taking it yet and did you have bad side-effects?

Posts: 1042 | Registered: April 19, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community    

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    lyrica does anyone know..

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.