ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    Discount Rx Cards-How do they work?

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Senior Secretary
Picture of skbgiants
Posted
Hi all,

I've seen some posts, and visted a website or two offering free discount rx cards. The majority of the sites I found, require you only to print out the card, and take it to the pharmacy. How do these work? On one site, I found that just by printing the card out, no personal information other than your name is required. Looking up the prices for generic Norco ct 120 which I usually pay $88.00 for, but by using this "card", the price the website says will be something like $33.00 AND it lists my pharmacy which will accept the card. Sounds too good to be true, but saving $50.00 dollars per month for someone w/out insurance is great! Please post some success stories in this thread and the websites you've used. I'm sure that everyone will appreciate the information.

Thanks,

-SKB

Posts: 849 | Registered: July 11, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of A_Desert_Rat
Posted Hide Post
Duh! I must be living under a mushroom. I never heard of this so I too am anxious to hear about how this works and if there is any kind of a catch...like giving up your first born or what-ever.

ADR

While 2006 was not a good year for many automakers, a couple did quite well. According to the Associated Press, "Honda and Toyota made 7 of the 12 vehicles in the top 10."

Posts: 1214 | Registered: August 01, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary
Picture of skbgiants
Posted Hide Post
To begin, here are a few sites that have been mentioned on the board. Check em out.

http://www.freedrugcard.us/?gclid=CLjj69SogZACFQQZHgodiRrApQ

http://freedrugcard.com/

The second one basically doesn't require you to do anything other than type your name, print and search for your medication for prices and participating pharmacies, email is optional.

-SKB

Posts: 849 | Registered: July 11, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skbgiants:
Hi all,

I've seen some posts, and visted a website or two offering free discount rx cards. The majority of the sites I found, require you only to print out the card, and take it to the pharmacy. How do these work? On one site, I found that just by printing the card out, no personal information other than your name is required. Looking up the prices for generic Norco ct 120 which I usually pay $88.00 for, but by using this "card", the price the website says will be something like $33.00 AND it lists my pharmacy which will accept the card. Sounds too good to be true, but saving $50.00 dollars per month for someone w/out insurance is great! Please post some success stories in this thread and the websites you've used. I'm sure that everyone will appreciate the information.

Thanks,!

-SKB

"If you'll be my bodyguard I can be your long lost pal"~ Paul Simon

Posts: 5469 | Registered: January 05, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary
Picture of skbgiants
Posted Hide Post
Dave?

Nothing here?

Citizen
Posted Hide Post
Too good to be true and IT WORKS! YES! I have my cards right here next to me as I type..I heard on this site..tryed it out and amazing it works...I went to Target and the first thing that told me was that those cards normally do not work, and said they would try...came back to me and said "where did you find these?" they worked and your price for 10/325 is under $29.00! The price on the site showed more at Target but was actually less..go figure that one, I used it on both refills too! There is even a phone number on them, sometimes it's only a message, but I did get though just fine, they will only discount every 30 days for controlled drugs. Yes, and only your name is required, that's it! freedrugcard.us (you get two cards, print both out, one is better than the other, I do not remember which, but they did tell me when I called which it was). They even have discounts for eye care. Target even took down the website from ME! They wanted to check it out too!

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 05, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary
Picture of skbgiants
Posted Hide Post
Tinkerbell,

Thanks so much for the info! I'm going to try it. I'll post if I have sucess or not, but according to that site, my pharmacy is listed and the medication. Who does'nt like saving money?

-SKB

Citizen
Posted Hide Post
www.lusciniahealth.com my friend gets 100 roxycodone normaly $130.with this card they were$68. At walgreens 120 lortab 10/500 was $73. with this card $35. they mail it to you but you get it in about 2 days..they are good on generic drugs,,on name brand only take off about $10..on a $100. script.

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 09, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
Whoops, sorry...they DO work, just like any insurance card www.FreeDrugCard.us a CONSIDERABLE savings!

"If you'll be my bodyguard I can be your long lost pal"~ Paul Simon

Posts: 5469 | Registered: January 05, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of mistletoe10899
Posted Hide Post
I have about six of these cards. The only time I use it is for my xanax. I hand them all over and they pick the one they take.

Posts: 1043 | Registered: April 19, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Army, Naval and Air Attaché
Picture of Marley
Posted Hide Post
YES!!David told me about them and I took my script today. It was $77 ...but with the card, $24!!!! If you don't have insurance these are AWESOME!!! I have to to tell ya'll this too-a bit off topic(I KNOW Y'ALL are SO surprised!!) While I was at Grocery store filling my script, they took an abnormally long time filling....I had called ahead as instructed etc etc.....so I was starting to wonder....they all were talking in hushed voices, and huddling over in the corner...one of the pharm. techs went and got the manager. Well, the police pulled up in the parking lot...at this point I was being cool, but wondering...so I walked over and asked if there was a problem....they said no, not with your script.. IN walk the police, and arrest the man two people in front of me, apparently for stealing a DR. script pad and writing himself prescriptions!!! (those pharmacy techs were more than willing to tell us the story!) It was WILD though...kinda freaky!! Hope all is well...YES THE CARD WORKS>>>>>PRINT IT AND USE IT!!
MArley

~Each of us is his own architect..~

Posts: 515 | Registered: January 19, 2006 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Civilian Attaché
Picture of LILGAL1
Posted Hide Post
my pharmacy of 15 yrs. is on the list. so next week i am going to try it!
thanks guys. blessed be!

jan

Posts: 392 | Registered: September 21, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
First Secretary
Picture of Mojotokin
Posted Hide Post
OMG Marley, you poor thing.I would have been sweating bullets. I'd have been out of there soooo fast. Happy everything worked out for ya tho. Best of luck to all.
Mojo

"I ain't no saint, but I believe in what is right, Amen!"...Kid Rock

Posts: 313 | Registered: August 03, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Civilian Attaché
Picture of LILGAL1
Posted Hide Post
update! i used my card that dave reccommrnded. IT WORKED! i paid less than half price FOR ALL THE MEDS I RECEIVE EVERY month! I WAS STUNNED.

DAVE IS ALWAYS thinking of others.

blessed be!

jan

Posts: 392 | Registered: September 21, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post

Posted Hide Post
I also use an Rx-card to get a discount on my meds. It takes more than half off of my script. With mine I had to go to the website fill out a form and print a paper out to give to my pharmacy of choice. All of the mainstream pharmacies were on this list too. Just thought I would add my experience with an Rx-card they really are a God send.

"Life is Wasted on The Living"

Posts: 4682 | Registered: November 06, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community    

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    Discount Rx Cards-How do they work?

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.