ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    I need your advice!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Army, Naval and Air Attaché
Picture of Auntsee
Posted
Eeker My pharmacist called me yesterday and told me that instead of filling my Sch II order with the 60 tabs that he was supposed to fill, he instead gave me 100!!!!! He asked me to keep quiet about it and to bring in the extras today. Is it illegal to keep them and tell him forget about it??? I do not want to waste gas at 4.00 a gallon and they always screw up something with my order. Ok I may be self justifying but it is true. Anybody know or has anyone ever had this happen????

Thanks for the prompt response cause I'm to drop them off today!!!! Mad

Posts: 566 | Registered: August 17, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary

Posted Hide Post
I thought that it was against the law for a pharmacy to accept returns on prescription drugs.
My advice would be to tell him that you threw them away because you are afraid of breaking the law or something to that extent.

xoxo
Rosie

"Life is Wasted on The Living"

Posts: 4682 | Registered: November 06, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of Auntsee
Posted Hide Post
THANKS Rosie, for your quick and helpful response! You are too, too much!!! That's why I'm a naval and air attache and you're a Moderator Ambassador! Big Grin

It never occurred to me that it might be against the law to return them. I did hear somewhere that it is, but does anyone know for certain if it's a fact in the state of Texas???

I would hate to have to throw them out I tell you!!! Confused

Posts: 566 | Registered: August 17, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post

Posted Hide Post
I would not throw them out.
You would have to be insane...lol
I am not saying you are.
I am pretty sure that in all states it is illegal
to return prescription drugs. Anybody else know any different? Come Auntsee needs an answer and quickly!

Big GrinRosie

"Life is Wasted on The Living"

Posts: 4682 | Registered: November 06, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Assistant Attaché
Posted Hide Post
In SC my sister was given the wrong strength of a drug she takes regularly. She called the pharmacist and she was told to keep the prescription and he'd fill a new one correctly. It sounds to me like a pharmacist wants 40 pills in his pocket.

BB

Posts: 59 | Registered: February 23, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of Auntsee
Posted Hide Post
Thanks BeachBaby, but I still need anyone to let me know if it's illegal in TX. You had a good idea in that my doctor can write me the remainder of the meds when it's due next month. I'll tell the pharmacist that. Don't know if he's wanting the pills or not, but I had it filled just the day before and he probably checks his inventory daily - that's why he called me so quick.

I can claim to be insane every now and then Rosie!!!! But not today :-) Eeker

Senior Secretary

Posted Hide Post
It could be an honest mistake Roll Eyes, but I have never heard of returning pills. I don't live in TX but I have been told that the pharmacy cannot use the meds after they leave the store. This did happen to me a long time ago. They didn't call me but when I went for my refill they said it would be minus the extra pills they filled for my first script. It was a small amount, I think 7 and I don't usually count them, so I took their word for it.

Deducting them from your next refill seems like the only legal way to correct the problem. They cannot put them back in stock, so why do they want them back?

Sorry, I don't really know the answer to your question, but thought my story might help.

Posts: 975 | Registered: July 09, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
Keep them. He cannot legally resale medications already dispensed, not here anyway, he would have to dispose of them and write a medication "variance" report which I doubt he would do anyway. Years ago, after my Cervical surgery, I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up my pain med. order. (240 Norco) The trip home was long, and I was weak and in pain, nearly home, Walgreens pharmacy's calls, "Mr.X...your medications are ready for pick-up"...I was disgusted, but figured the surgeon had ordered other meds. so I turned around and drove all the way back to PS pharmacy, I paid, was given the bag, and went to the car, I opened the bag, curious of the "other" meds. Turned out to be another 240 Norco...by this time I am exhausted, just wanted to get home and to bed, I kept the meds. and never heard more from Walgreens, unethical? Very! But they were not paying attention obviously, and I was barely functioning anyway. I have never regretted it.

"If you'll be my bodyguard I can be your long lost pal"~ Paul Simon

Posts: 5471 | Registered: January 05, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary
Picture of *~*Peanut*~*
Posted Hide Post
Please keep us posted on how the phone call goes. I'm curious to see how he responds to your answer. Hopefully he will shrug it off and agree..that if he keeps his mouth shut..you will kindly do the same Smiler Then everyone leaves happy!

Posts: 777 | Registered: May 06, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Third Secretary
Posted Hide Post
I agree, I do believe that pharmacies are not allowed to take back a prescription once it leaves the store. I had a pharmacy fill my son's prescription it was for Focalin xr and they gave me Adderal XR. I did not notice it until I got home. However, I called them and they did ask me to bring the adderal back up there, which I did. I think they were just trying to cover up their mistake, come to think about it, I should not have given it back, but I live in a small, i mean really small town, and I did not want any trouble. but legally, I don't believe they are allowed to take back prescriptions once they have left the pharmacy. Hope that helps

Posts: 113 | Registered: March 19, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Third Secretary
Posted Hide Post
BTW that was in Alabama

Posts: 113 | Registered: March 19, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of nannyann
Posted Hide Post
My FIL lived with us the last 18months of his life. On Saturday, I got all of his meds filled and the bag wasn't even opened. My FIL went in the hosp for the last time on Sunday.
Tuesday, I called the drug store and told them that the sack of over 1,000 of meds hadn't even been opened. They said that once it leaves the store they can't take it back.
Another time I went to pick up my meds and they have another customer with the same name and they have give me her meds. Since then , I use my middle initial for my meds so they can keep up with which one is which be they took those meds back!
I wouldn't take them back. I bet that it would be your word against his word that you got more!
nanny

Posts: 665 | Registered: October 22, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Assistant Attaché
Picture of 32flavors
Posted Hide Post
Auntsee... How do I say this without swearing?... DARN, that STUFF never happens to me! Take the money and run says me and the Steve Miller Band!

"... I am 32 flavors and then some.." ~ ani di franco

Posts: 56 | Registered: February 03, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of Auntsee
Posted Hide Post
32, you are totally cracking me up! Big Grin

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP. I have not heard from him and I have not called him so we'll see if he calls today.

Love you all very VERY much. You're my lifeline most of the time!!!

Picture of ~Titan~
Posted Hide Post
Ok, I give.. what was your name before auntsee? Wink Confused

P.S. I might of taken the extra myself. BUT, My back is always killing me when I don't take pain meds. Frowner

Posts: 677 | Registered: September 19, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community  Page 1 2   

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    I need your advice!

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.