ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    DEA Mass Emailing to former Saran Customers
Page 1 2 

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Picture of pharmboy
Posted
It has been reported on various forums that the DEA has mailed out an email (spam type) to a lot of the customers of the Saran Group (operator of various NROP sites such as Nation Drug Supply--NDS, et al.)that they shut down in 2005 and prosecuted in 2006. From my cursory reading of it, it isn't necessarily anything to get all upset about, but I am sure disconcerting to those that received it. Anyway, I copied this from another site:

www.dea.gov
September 13, 2007
To whom it may concern

Please be advised that the government intercepted communications between this e-mail address and an e-mail address located at 1700 Tech Centre Parkway, Arlington, Texas. The Tech Centre location housed pharmacies that filled drug orders for dozens of Internet Facilitation Centers (IFC), sometimes referred to Internet pharmacies or online drug stores. The Tech Centre location also housed an IFC known as NationsDrugSupply.com.

Between April 22, 2005, and July 27, 2005, and pursuant to court orders, the government intercepted Internet communications to and from the Tech Centre location. The evidence gathered was and is being used in numerous prosecutions, to include United States v. Saran, et al, 3:05-CR-240-P. http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txn/PressRel05/saran_etal_indict_PR_FINAL.pdf.

Title 21 United States Code Section 841 makes it a federal crime to distribute or possess with the intent to distribute controlled substances outside the scope of professional practice and not for a legitimate medical purpose. Most state laws classify the possession or use of a controlled substance without a valid prescription (that is, without a valid doctor-patient relationship) as a felony offense. Please consult with your own attorney regarding the criminal laws in your state.

If you have any comments, concerns, or questions about this notice; or would like to report any illegal controlled substance distribution, overdoses, harm, or injuries resulting from the illegal receipt of controlled substances, please call 1-877-RX-ABUSE or e-mail [email protected]

Ah, another day in the Life!

FORE! PLAYING THROUGH!

Posts: 7587 | Registered: October 02, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~FU~
Posted Hide Post
Eeker Eeker...PB...email....hummmmmmmmm...jufu Wink

Posts: 2506 | Registered: September 23, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of Gekko
Posted Hide Post
I got it too. Thought it was funny too. They are only trying to frighten people but they only demonstrate that the Big Brother Nazis are spying on American citizens and taking away freedom and liberty that once had existed in this former great nation. Nothing more than that. I wouldn't get concerned about it. Big Grin

Posts: 1076 | Registered: January 31, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Third Secretary
Picture of wing
Posted Hide Post
I got it too......was alittle taken aback by it. I'm guessing everything will be ok. Just makes me nervous. Wing

Posts: 130 | Registered: May 20, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of pharmboy
Posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wing:
I got it too......was alittle taken aback by it. I'm guessing everything will be ok. Just makes me nervous. Wing

I think that was the intent of it, wing. Upon reading it carefully, I don't really see anything individually threatening in it. I believe it is more cautionary, if blunt. I think for a lot of us, me included, the Saran debacle already made us wary of ordering controlled substances from NROPs or MROPs.
PB

FORE! PLAYING THROUGH!

Posts: 7587 | Registered: October 02, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Third Secretary
Picture of wing
Posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reassurance PB, I appreciate it. It has been many years since I ordered from a NROP - so I'm hoping it was just a warning not to do it EVER again! Thanks again for your words - they have helped my feelings greatly. Wing

Posts: 130 | Registered: May 20, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of Gekko
Posted Hide Post
It's just the lawless DEA run amok abusing the Patriot Act. We were assured that the Patriot Act would not be used against American citizens by these unamerican Gestapo agencies. Guess what! They lied. Big surprise eh? Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. They are only trying to freighten people (Nazis and Soviets did the same to their enslaved peoples to control them).

Posts: 1076 | Registered: January 31, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
You said it Gekko!

"The early bird catches the worm"...only proves that the worm should have stayed at home and in bed!

Posts: 5444 | Registered: January 05, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~Kat~
Posted Hide Post
Second that .. people need to pay attention, and not let the crime family ruin the CONSTITUTION!

NTAP~withdrawal is easier than chemo.

NTAP-never take another puff
Disclaimer:Making sure I keep my quit in place by the reminders~

Posts: 4601 | Registered: September 30, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Third Secretary
Picture of Dormie
Posted Hide Post
Hey guys,
I don't want to make any enemies here + I don't desire to make anyone upset. But anyway, we're adults and should be able to converse as such. I hope that we're not unjaded to the extent that we actually accede to the idea that the things that are going on in this country can be attributed to one administration and or one polical party.

quote:
It's just the lawless DEA run amok abusing the Patriot Act. We were assured that the Patriot Act would not be used against American citizens by these unamerican Gestapo agencies. Guess what! They lied. Big surprise eh? Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. They are only trying to freighten people (Nazis and Soviets did the same to their enslaved peoples to control them).

The happenings in this country, which I will agree are very bad for all "free" Americans, are in pursuant to a plethora of bad decisions, ill advised acts that can't possibly be tied to one single administration or political party. We, as Americans, have had our liberties/freedoms taken from us little by little, day by day and year by year and yes, administration by administration. Set back and look at the whole picture and don't be blinded by the forrest. I'm sure many think I'm sympathetic to the republican party, when in fact I will not condescend myselt to be affiliated with either/any party. We as Americans are loosing the battle of freedom, what is the answer? I'm not sure but we must find one. What will life in this country(if it exist)be like for our grandchildren/great-grandchildren if the answer isn't found? To say the least, it gives me consternation.
Sorry for my rant.
Dormie

Okay, fine. I'll father your child. But first you got to write me a Vicodin prescription. Just so that I can get through the foreplay.

Posts: 114 | Registered: August 10, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of pharmboy
Posted Hide Post
I agree. I have constantly admonished those partisans here that the "war on drugs" is, and has always been a bi/non-partisan affair. If you think things will get better with a change of parties I have four words for you: Diane Feinstein--Henry Waxman. What has to change is a deep prohibitionist attitude out there and to confront drug abuse problems is ever more draconian enforcement and punishments. That has been tried for nearly 40 years now, and, at least according to our drug warriors, the problem isn't going away. Yet hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of lives have been ruined (not by drugs, but by imprisonment) and there is massive government (law enforcement) interference with our medical treatment. JMHO
PB

FORE! PLAYING THROUGH!

Senior Secretary

Posted Hide Post
We are free in this country -- free to follow the rules.

Posts: 968 | Registered: July 09, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Minister
Picture of Smarty
Posted Hide Post
Let's not leave out Karen P. Tandy. Someone in her life will be stricken with one of our maladies and live in constant pain. Then maybe she will understand!!!!

Posts: 2188 | Registered: March 15, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post

Posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manny12:
We are free in this country -- free to follow the rules.

I agree..short and right on!! Roll Eyes

Posts: 6740 | Registered: September 18, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of A_Desert_Rat
Posted Hide Post
The alpha bet people like the easy pickings and enjoy closing them (the physican((SP))and the pharmacy) down.

Instead of focusing on Meth labs and cocaine dealers they pick on us. Boooooo!

ADR

While 2006 was not a good year for many automakers, a couple did quite well. According to the Associated Press, "Honda and Toyota made 7 of the 12 vehicles in the top 10."

Posts: 1214 | Registered: August 01, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community  Page 1 2   

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    DEA Mass Emailing to former Saran Customers

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.