ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    Paying for OCS with flex spending account?

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Assistant Attaché
Picture of 32flavors
Posted
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'll give it a shot.

Has anyone tried paying for their consult with a pre-tax flex spending account? I enrolled in the flex spending account through my work and we have a 'credit card' that works when you pay for stuff like office visits and prescriptions. I'm wondering if anyone has tried using it for an online consult and if so, did it work? If it worked, how do you justify this to them if they ask about it? Sorry if I seem so paranoid... it still feels like I'm doing something wrong, even though I am justified in my own mind! Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.

"... I am 32 flavors and then some.." ~ ani di franco

Posts: 56 | Registered: February 03, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Assistant Attaché
Picture of 32flavors
Posted Hide Post
Hello again, me, it's me! LOL I crack myself up.

Anyway, tried to use the flex card to pay for the consult. No go. I could probably submit a claim for reimbursement, but doubt I'll go that route. Just my experience!

"... I am 32 flavors and then some.." ~ ani di franco

Posts: 56 | Registered: February 03, 2008 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Civilian Assistant Attaché
Picture of Darian537
Posted Hide Post
Mine was a MasterCard, some companies online don't take them because MC is easier to do chargeback than VISA. Whatever you do and I would submit the claim, its money you put aside for medical expenses. Keep records of everything you do charge, receipts from every dr, denist, bills from them, receipts from OTC stuff because they will audit your charges once or twice a year. That was my experience when I had it.

Darian537

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 09, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Civilian Assistant Attaché
Picture of Darian537
Posted Hide Post
Also did you know if you quit or are terminated the money you signed up for is still usable thru that year.I went out on Jan 5th for stent,had put in $3500,$2K out of pocket for medical and $1500 for prescription drugs yearly out of pocet according to my health insurance group policy.I got every penny no problem,once you join the plan it's usually taken out of weekly paycheck.I never returned,didn't pay a penny into it never returned to work and have been on disability since.Sweet to see that free money. Smiler

Darian537

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 09, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community    

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    Paying for OCS with flex spending account?

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.