ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    FBI sending letters to former Woody's Customers...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
First Secretary
Picture of ~Dawn
Posted
asking to co-operate in an investigation...

The Charlotte Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation is currently participating in an investigation relating to the distribution of controlled substances by Woody Pharmacy of Mooresville, North Carolina. A review of materials seized during the execution of the federal search warrant has identified you as a past customer of Woody Pharmacy. Your are not being investigated. . However, we believe that you have information that may be helpful to the investigation. Special agent ********** wishes to conduct a telephonic interview with you regarding your relationships with Woody Pharmacy and the doctor who prescribed your medication. If you are willing to speak with Special Agent *****, please contact her at your earliest convenience to set up a time that is mutually acceptable for an interview....then they listed the phone number to call to set up a time............

i got this off another board and thought i would share....
scotty Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ~Dawn,

Posts: 318 | Registered: February 11, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Picture of ~Kat~
Posted Hide Post
I wouldn't worry about a letter to be honest.

If you want to contact them, you could. But I think its a fishing expedition...they probably sent a letter like this out to a lot of people and maybe a few will respond to it.

You got this Scotty?

NTAP~withdrawal is easier than chemo.

NTAP-never take another puff
Disclaimer:Making sure I keep my quit in place by the reminders~

Posts: 4585 | Registered: September 30, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Chargé d’ affaires ad interim
Picture of ~AMY~
Posted Hide Post
I agree with Katt, but of course I am not an attorney, but I think we may have one on the board every now and then.

Yep, You just go relax and play some videogames, and enjoy, and for sure don't sweat the small stuff, at least while it is still small. Roll Eyes

I am curious though, did you get this via USPS/ certified/ or email? I also would probably not sign for any certified letters for awhile until you hear more from others here, I'm sure there are more here who got this too. I never used them to my knowledge..

Thanks for the information, and please, keep us posted if anything else surfaces, and I am glad you are a member, because I've noticed alot of info from your posts. Wink

Posts: 1723 | Registered: November 16, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
First Secretary
Picture of ~Dawn
Posted Hide Post
i did not...just passing on some info...i was curious...it seems more a puzzle and people are all putting in their 2 cents...the paranoid voicing how you will be taken away in cuffs to "deny deny deny" LOL! other are plain old POed, but no-one seems REAL worried...

Posts: 318 | Registered: February 11, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Civilian Assistant Attaché
Picture of Remy
Posted Hide Post
I agree with the responses. If it was not sent certified and you did not sign for it then they are not very serious. There is no way to prove you even received it. lol The USPS has been known to lose things on occasion...my rent check to the landlord a few months ago was one of them.

They are just fishing. They count on the letter making at least a few people nervous so they call and help them along in their investigation. Don't help, these guys are out of control enough without our help. If they have a case, let them prove it. That is their job, not ours.

Shred the letter and pitch it, in my opinion. Have a good day and don't give it another thought! Smiler

Remy

Love is not what makes the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

"May the forces of evil be confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin

Posts: 190 | Registered: August 22, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of pharmboy
Posted Hide Post
PB's advise is don't respond to it. You do not have to talk to them. And, just remember another thing. They say that you are not under investigation, and I am sure that is undoubtedly true. But if you do talk to them, what is the ol saying, "anything you say can and will be used against you"? You cannot get in trouble for not talking to them. And when you talk to a federal agent, remember, if it turns out what you told them wasn't completely true, that can be the basis of a charge against you--remember Scotter Libby. They are fishing. I cannot see why anyone would want to cooperate if one was using their service or Woody's in a legitimate way. They are fishing. Just always remember, if for whatever reason you feel compelled to talk to them, always at least consult an attorney first, or have on with you. That cannot be held against you. And it is smart so that unadvised talk will not be used against you.
Take care,
PB Smiler

FORE! PLAYING THROUGH!

Posts: 7582 | Registered: October 02, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~AMY~
Posted Hide Post
As always PB is right, great point, and I wish I had remembered to say that to Scotty.

Yes, I forgot about that, but I work for state government, and our office was being investigated at one time, and 2 federal agents, showed up real late on a rainy, yucky night, and yes I was scared, and I didn't know I could turn them away and not talk to them,so I did let them in.

I would never do that again without an attorney present, but they caught me off guard, and I was actually already in the bed, and my husband came running in the bedroom to tell me 2 guys with badges were at the door wanting me, and I didn't realize that I didn't have to speak to them...

They did start off by telling me that if anything I told them was not true, then they could have charges brought against me for Purgery.

I really didn't know anything that they were asking about, so that was good, and it was over 3 years ago, and I never heard anything else about it, so I guess they didn't find out whatever it was that they were looking for.

So yea, if that ever happens to anyone here, don't be caught off guard, because one other man in my office said they showed up at his house, and he told them to get off of his property, if they didn't have a warrant to speak with him. I would have done the same thing if I realize I had that option.

Posts: 1723 | Registered: November 16, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~AMY~
Posted Hide Post
One other quick thing is, I was also advised to NEVER GIVE A RECORDED PHONE INTERVIEW REGARDING LEAGAL MATTERS, EVER!
IT'S BEST FACE TO FACE, AND WITH AN ATTORNEY.
THAT'S ALL.
So thanks again, Scotty Smiler
Members always have buddies here at PW, and we will always stand behind one another, so I am glad you brought this matter to the Board, so we could all weigh in on it, and hopefully that will be the last you hear from them.
Some people may be scared to post about this, so hopefully if that is the case, someone will at least PM you if they got the same letter.
Amy

Counselor
Picture of Gekko
Posted Hide Post
Of course it is in my nature to just write back to them and tell them to "go F*** themselves". But that's just me.

- Gekko

Posts: 1076 | Registered: January 31, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
First Secretary
Picture of ~Dawn
Posted Hide Post
i did not get this letter, i read about it on another board...thanks for the support tho...

it is amazing how people will go on and on and speculate, not here, you are a sensible group...i am going to stop watching this topic...it is too nerve wracking.
have a good day all...

Assistant Attaché
Picture of Ashez
Posted Hide Post
On another unsettling Woody related topic, I’ve heard that YOD is running with a new pharmacy in Washington DC.

PHAMILY PH
6323 GEORGIA AVE NW
WASHINGTON DC 20011-1101

Additionally, UPS, FedEX or any other private carriers are not options.
USPS only.

Something wrong with this picture? Or am being overly suspicious or is this sound like an FDA-run pharmacy?

~A~

"If I could get my membership fee back, I'd resign from the human race." - Fred Allen

Posts: 54 | Registered: February 02, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~AMY~
Posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Post Ashez!! That is freaking crazy!! As much trouble as they have been in, NO WAY, USPS, I wonder if they are making people sign for the order. Do u know that? If they are not,well it is also illegal for anyone who is under age to receive these orders, so that would also be supicious, not to mention if people are receiving them USPS, then I would imagine some type of mail fraud, or government charges could be brought regarding using the mail service for illeigal activity would be added, and Woody is probably cooroperating to save their on arses!!
Thanks Again Ashez!!

Picture of ~FU~
Posted Hide Post
...interesting....hummmmmmmmm...jufu Confused

Posts: 2506 | Registered: September 23, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Civilian Assistant Attaché
Picture of Jen!
Posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness... Very interesting and unsetteling situation. PB is 100% correct.

You know, I often wondered about these new OP's that surfice for a month or two then quitely close down and then you don't hear from them again. Did the thought of undercover ever cross any of your minds... It has mine... Frowner I have health issues and records out of the yin yang (as most of us do) so it is of no concern of ours that are legitimate. Listen, us patients are not doing anything wrong. Stay focused, shut your pie hole and don't react or respond. Play it safe and leave well enough alone if you receive a letter... And again, I repeat, don't respond. There is no reason to.

Thanks for sharing that you received this letter so many others can talk about it and help eachother out with advice. That is what is wonderful about our forum...

Jen!

Posts: 181 | Registered: January 03, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of sprawl
Posted Hide Post
I guess I will just echo what others have already said here.....THanks for the post! Knowledge is power and I for one appreciate getting this type of information because I have often wondered what I would do in a situation with the "suits" knocking on my door. I know now that I have no obligation to speak about ANYTHING with them!!!! So again, thanks for the info Smiler

~sprawl

Posts: 1021 | Registered: April 05, 2006 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community  Page 1 2   

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    FBI sending letters to former Woody's Customers...

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.