ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    How do you set un an avatar on your account

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Assistant Attaché
Picture of Earthman
Posted
I trying to find info on PW where to set up an avatar. Does anyone have any info to help.

Thanks

Land that I love, stand beside her and guide her...

Posts: 63 | Registered: January 13, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of janie
Posted Hide Post
Earthman...this is Rosie's area of expertise! I'm sure she'll be around later. Also, I know there are threads around here somewhere where she has tried to instruct others. I'll look around for them and let you know if I find them.

"...all because of you, all because of you, all because of you...I am."

U2

Posts: 1203 | Registered: June 19, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Assistant Attaché
Picture of Earthman
Posted Hide Post
Thanks Janie,

Anything will help, sometimes trying to sort through all the info can take forever.

Posts: 63 | Registered: January 13, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of janie
Posted Hide Post
Hiya Earthman! I just changed my avatar successfully! Go to Forums and look for the "Test Forum." Then look under 'topics' and scroll down to the topic started by me called, "still trying." Rosie and Shaun helped me there and I think their instructions are there or in nearby topics. Hope this helps. We'll be looking for your new avatar! Good luck.
Janie

U2

Posts: 1203 | Registered: June 19, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary

Posted Hide Post
Earthman -
I also posted instructions in the test forum. Here's a copy:

It seems to come up fairly regularly, people not sure how to add/change their avatar. I wrote some instructions for member Hydrogen a while ago, and it worked for her, so thought I'd put it up here for anyone to use. Good luck.

To add an avatar from the PW stock collection of images (there are 2 pages, click "Next" at the bottom of the first page to see the 2nd page) follow these steps:

To add an avatar, go to "My Space" and click "Profile". A window will open, in the upper right corner it says "View/Edit Complete Profile" - click that. Then scroll down to the avatar section, and there should be link that says "Edit". Click that and another little window will open with a bunch of avatars you can use. Click one of those then click the bar on the left that says "Select This One", then close the little window. Be SURE to scroll further down your profile page to the bottom, where there is a little blue box on the left that says "Submit". Click that. Then on the top menu bar, click "Go", then "Forums" to return to the regular site. Good luck.

To add a custom avatar of your choosing, follow these steps:

To add an avatar, go to "My Space" and click "Profile". A window will open, in the upper right corner it says "View/Edit Complete Profile" - click that. Then scroll down to the avatar section, and there should be link that says "Edit". Click that and another little window will open with stock avatars displayed. At the top of the little window is a link named "Custom Avatar" - click that link and another little window will open. If the image you want to use is on your computer, click "Upload Customer Avatar" and you will see an empty white rectangular box with a "Browse" button next to it. Click the "Browse" button to locate the image file on your computer. Select the image, then in the window that is open that shows your file selected, in the lower right click "Open", this takes you back to the other little window, where you click "Update Avatar". This loads your image on the PW server. Then click "Close Window" and you are back on your Edit Profile page. Be SURE to scroll down that page til you see the blue "SUBMIT" button, and click that. That should do it, but keep in mind that in my experience it takes a while, sometimes an hour or two, for the avatar image to show up in your posts. OK?

Another option for you, I will display a few images here that have that "molecular" theme you were interested in. To use one of these until you find the perfect one, RIGHT-click any of these images,and at the bottom of the little window that opens, click "Properties". This will open another little window , which will list, among other things, "Location". The location line will start out with "http://pharmacywatchers.com/groupee_files" and then more specific image location. You might have to make the window wider to see the whole "Location" line. Put your curson over the VERY BEGINNING of the location line, "http" and holding down your mouse button, move to the end of the "Location" line and let up on your mouse button. You should see the Location information highlighted. Using your keyboard, key "Ctrl+C" to copy the info, then close the Properties window. Then go to "My Space", "Profile" "View/Edit Complete Profile", scroll down to the avatar section, click the "Edit" button, the little window will open, click "Custom Avatar" at the top to open another little window, which will say "Provide Custom Avatar" with an empty white rectangular box that says "URL" on the right. Click anywhere in the empty white box, then on your keyboard key in "Ctrl+V" to paste the image location, then click "Update Avatar" and close the little window. Back in your Profile page, again be sure to scroll down until you see the blue "SUBMIT" button on the left, and click that. Then you can exit your Profile and go back to whatever. Again, it may take a while for the avatar to show up in your posts.

Posts: 2747 | Registered: June 11, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of janie
Posted Hide Post
Puff...I'm so sorry! I forgot to include you as one of the experts in avatar instruction. Love ya!

U2

Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
Yes Janie, once more, we need to say thank you to all who take time, effort, and endless patience for folks like me. Am sending you PM.
hugs atcha!
David

"If you'll be my bodyguard I can be your long lost pal"~ Paul Simon

Posts: 5470 | Registered: January 05, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Assistant Attaché
Picture of Earthman
Posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I have updated my account.
Smiler

Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community    

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    How do you set un an avatar on your account

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.