ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    Hey PEEPS-it's Friday-PB-how's that finger? I have a question
Page 1 2 

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Army, Naval and Air Attaché
Picture of Marley
Posted
I have been taking Ambien,..on and off...um...forever, to sleep....and, as is the case with most meds, I have built up a tolerance. My PC knows I take hydro, as does my local pharmacist. Here's the thing. My PC doc gave me some samples of seroquel. I've never taken it before, but he said it would help me sleep on thosenights that I need to go to bed at 7pm, to get up 4am for a flight. He gave me 2 100 mg tabs and 2 300 mg tabs. here's the question...are these things going to make me drool on myself?? will I feel hungover in the morning? will they give me superpowers? j/k on that one...and has anyone who takes 10/325 ever had any kind of interaction? I researched a bit..the sites say the norm....respitory monitoring,especially elderly and CNS reg. in long term. Just wondering.I'm not much on cocktails....HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL...
and juju- i'm just wracking my brain trying to think of a really good quote!!! coming soon....to a post near you!
gnarley marley

~Each of us is his own architect..~

Posts: 515 | Registered: January 19, 2006 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Picture of pharmboy
Posted Hide Post
I have also heard they can make you wet your pants and not realize it also. And while you are out many have been known to remove all their clothes but leave their underwear on. Just some rumors I have heard. Anyone else?
PB Roll Eyes

FORE! PLAYING THROUGH!

Posts: 7585 | Registered: October 02, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
Marley, Pb is just being, well, PB. (that pretty much say's it all) Of course what he is saying is partly true, BUT, this sort of untoward reaction, or if you want to learn a new word, "Idiosyncratic" this is an unwanted side effect and has been found in Ambien, acrually ESPECIALLY Ambien! and any other medication, our body chemestry reacts differently, fir me, Ultram will make me deathly ill. I have been on meds. for many years, I have taken every hypnotic, or sleeper in the book. I swear by Seroquel, I sleep soundly, and do NOT have any druggie feeling, there is another member here who would back me up on this 100% but I have not asked her to use her name when endorsing a med. I rarely recommend a specific medication, but being an insomniac myself, feel compelled to endorse Seroquel. One thing I ask, is to read-up on the med. or any med. you are taking, never, ever assume a med. is o.k. cause a Doc. gave it to you, they cannot keep up with all the meds. out there, even the med. reference books are outdated day's after publication!...good luck and happy dreams~ David

"The early bird catches the worm"...only proves that the worm should have stayed at home and in bed!

Posts: 5435 | Registered: January 05, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of Marley
Posted Hide Post
Thanks David-and thanks PB(i think)LOL! Sounds fun..I've heard some stories about ambien..in fact I remember one poster here saying she had been asked not to return to a certain establishment because she went after she took her ambien and apparently had a BIG time....Hey David- do you also have pain issues..I'm guessing yes..you mentioned Ultram(which oddly enough makes me ill also..well, not ill, just like I want to crawl out of my skin, or chew nails) I appreciate your feedback.I didn't even pay attention to see if they were scored or not...maybe I'll start with half, if they're scored. Again, thanks for the help.
Marley

Posts: 515 | Registered: January 19, 2006 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
Marley; Kind of ironic that you asked if I have pain issues, partly because I am dually diagnosed with both physical and mental problems. Lately, I have been posting more about psyc. problems, partly because writing about it helps me contain it withen a frame I can use to manage it somewhat. My physical problems are mostly my degenerating spine which is complicated with bone spurs and arthritic masses, I have had two surgeries, metal in my back so I have to carry the nifty little card in order to fly. My Ortho. Doc. has basically said flat-out, that a 3rd surgery could be done, but would not help with the pain because of the arthritic masses. My choice is to either be totally non-functional, miserable, or have my pain somewhat managed by meds. Since I am not into self flagellation, I have opted for a (lifetime) of pain management. Many people disapprove of my med. taking, seeing it as an excuse to be on drugs, a weakness of my psyche, etc. This is one of my reasons for staying close to PW~ In spite of what the government say's...I think I still have the right to self determination as long as it does not impact negatively on others, I choose to be as functional as I can be, to be as comfortable as possible, I did my recreational drug thing in the 60's, and did it ALL and on a daily basis. That time has come and gone, I am not sorry I did all that stuff, and I am not sorry that I opt. to take Opiod pain meds. today.
Bright Blessings~ David

"The early bird catches the worm"...only proves that the worm should have stayed at home and in bed!

Posts: 5435 | Registered: January 05, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
PS tp Marley~ Yes, I take 10/325's, I only use my Seroquel at night~ hope you get some rest, watching the ceiling fan at 3am is a drag. Smiler
David

Picture of Marley
Posted Hide Post
You don't owe anyone an excuse as to your personal stuff. They haven't walked in your shoes...many of them probably couldn't if they tried. And I'm talkiing physically and mentally. The only person you need approval from is yourself... Thanks for the info...yes, I like you, got all of "the other stuff" out of my system in college. Heck..it's a rare thing for me to have a glass of wine anymore. I am working with a friend of mine who is a psychlogist that swears that hypnosis will help my insomnia....I'm not sure what I think about that, and until I figure that out, I guess I'll be watching the fan....... Roll Eyes

Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
Since this is an "Other" thread, guess I can ask a couple of questions that really have nothing to do with OP etc. I have just returned from sites regarding United States office of Trademarks, Patents, Copyrights. Honestly, I got rather confused in the maze of legalese. My point, I am in the process of developing a retail product, NOT edible, but rather an organic topical...I have a target market, have pretty much completed the formula which while not exotic, contains a variety of herbs, etc. it would fall into a catagory of cosmetics. I am at a loss however, because it appears that patents, trademarks, require fee's...we are talking a basic "cottage enterprise" which hopefully might succeed in the long run. I do not have much in terms of "start-up", I just want to be sure I am legal before attempts to market the product even on a limited basis, anyone with even a modicum of experience, your advise would be welcome. I have operated two restaurants, but this is totally a new ballgame. Any PM's would be appreciated,
David

Counselor
Picture of A_Desert_Rat
Posted Hide Post
PB...I heard that people that take Ambien seek out others taking Ambien with a broken finger so they can take their clothes off. What a hoot!

Marley, take it slow. I trust what David says and he admitedly has stated the info he shares is based on personal experience and that he is not an MD, but he is one heck of a nice person. Marley, take just half the new med and see what happens. The worse thing that can happen is that you will sleep all night.

Good luck
ADR

While 2006 was not a good year for many automakers, a couple did quite well. According to the Associated Press, "Honda and Toyota made 7 of the 12 vehicles in the top 10."

Posts: 1214 | Registered: August 01, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
ADR~ What a nice remark, thank you for helping me start my day on such a positive remark, The comment to PB was a HOOT, but you can expect a payback from him, but you already know that. Smiler
David

Third Secretary
Posted Hide Post
Hi David
In reference to your patent. My cousin is a patent attorney in Wash. DC. And, my husband had an invention that he wanted to patent. Unfortunately, the attorneys need to charge for the works needed to be done BEFORE you can patent something. There is alot of background checking to make sure there isn't a product that falls even close to the product you want patented so you aren't sued later for infringing on another product. If you would like his name PM or email me. He has a big web site and not too too long ago won an outrageously large sum from a suit. He's one heck of a guy too. Let me know.
Becksters
PS I'm sure he will at least talk to you at no charge or I could intervene for ya

Posts: 126 | Registered: September 22, 2006 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post

Posted Hide Post
Shamans -
Based on my own experience, I wouldn't worry about a patent right now. It's truly a cumbersome, and expensive, process, and you have no idea if it will sell. Really, your best first step would be to see if there's a market for it. Go ahead and make it and try to sell it. Patents are hard to come by - browse through the cosmetics section at any retailer and read the labels - you won't see many patents listed, and trust me, if someone has a patent, they list it on the label.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but you will be MUCH better off putting your energy (and money) into selling this product than worrying that someone else might copy it exactly.

My 2 cents worth, as always.

Puff

Posts: 2747 | Registered: June 11, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Minister-Counselor
Picture of dragonfly
Posted Hide Post
Puff,
That is very worth while information. There are alot of products on the market with patent's pending. It can take years to get throught the system. I have an uncle that invented a product that he made and sold at street fairs and other larger fairs. He wanted to get a patent he has applied for one I believe it was over two years ago and it is still in the paper work stage. I will call him this afternoon and see what is going on with it. I know that he has had very good luck selling his product.

What ever will be will be life is not ours to see.
DF

Posts: 1501 | Registered: May 08, 2004 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
Ah~ Thought I saw a post from Puff~ basically the product should sell itself as it has been around for thousands of years, I am merely combining Western & Eastern (Ayurvedic) ingredients to make a good thing better (hopefully)...my target consumer is baby boomer (or older) affluent who are used to being pampered with stuff generally not available to most folks. I am not going to price it out of reach to the average person, some people will spend $50.00-$60.00 for a video game and never flinch. Simply a matter of priorities.
David

Picture of alphabeta
Posted Hide Post
Hey David,
last night I went to Britneys Official website to see if there were any video's to see ..I won't try and explain what kind of vido's..hehhehheh But did you know The only free item there was her little note to her fans explaining how much partying she had missed while having her bambino's, and how she was enjoying going out. But she wanted $24.95 cents to register and join..My goodness she just made 17.5 million selling one of her houses. She sure is purty though, I'd like to marry her and then
do some heavy petting.
Alan

Posts: 5631 | Registered: October 28, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community  Page 1 2   

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    Hey PEEPS-it's Friday-PB-how's that finger? I have a question

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.