ChatRoom
Active Threads

Please visit our sponsors:
 DoctorScripts.com
OnlinePrescriptionService.com

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    How drug records are kept

Moderators: ~Kat~, ~Shawn~, Libby, Neon, Rosie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-star Rating Rate It!   Login/Join  
Citizen
Picture of Mike5050
Posted
I had a another question...our medical records. Are all our drug presripts kept in one centeralized database for all pharmacy, doctors, or whoever to view....or has technology not gotten that far. Just curious if medications in the past disappear after a certian period of time. Thanks Everyone! Smiler

Mike

"At a distance of 2.6 pc or 8.6 light years away from Earth, Sirius is the largest star in the night-time sky"

Mike

Posts: 44 | Registered: September 07, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
First Secretary
Picture of Mojotokin
Posted Hide Post
IMO I think it is very state centralized, meaning each state is different on how they collect information. Some states are much more stricter than others. I do not know of any official federal system collecting and pooling all the information together.
Maybe someone here can shed some more light on the situation I am interested myself.
Good Question.
My best,
Mojo

"I ain't no saint, but I believe in what is right, Amen!"...Kid Rock

Posts: 313 | Registered: August 03, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Civilian Attaché
Picture of LILGAL1
Posted Hide Post
YOU ARE RIGHT MOJO. I LIVE IN TX. HAVE USED THE SAME PHARM. FOR YEARS. WE HAVE TO SIGN A PRIVACY ACT TO PROTECT OUR INFO. FOR ANYONE TO ACCESS OUR INFO THEY MUST HAVE A FORMAL SIGNED RELEASE. DEA INCLUDED.

MY PHARMACIST SAYS NO SUCH AGREEMENT EXISTS BETWEEN THEM AND THE DEA. THE DEA CAN AT ANYTIME CHECK THEIR FLOW OF INVENTORY(IE:BOUGHT-SOLD-ON HAND) BUT FOR ANY PERSONAL PT. INFO REQUIRES A VERY SPECIFIC WARRANT FOR PERSONAL RECORDS(IE: STOLEN OR FORGED SCRIPTS) IF A PHARM. SUSPECTS THIS HE CAN FILE A REPORT OR CALL LAW ENFORCEMENT WITH OR W/O DEA INVOLVEMENT. HE SAID THAT HE WOULD CALL THE DR. AND SIMPLY ASK IF HE HAD A PAD MISSING,SUSPICIOUS EMPS ,,ETC. W/NO PERSONAL INFO REVEALED.

HE SAID THIS HAD NOT OCCURRED IN HIS 20 YEARS AS A PHARM.

THE PRIVACY ACT ALLOWS ONLY 3 PLACES TO HAVE YOUR INFO, LEGALLY- YOU, THE DR.. AND THE PHARM,. THAT FILLED IT. PERIOD!.
BLESSED BE!

jan

Posts: 391 | Registered: September 21, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
Personally, I think (strongly) that each state should have it's OWN accountability system, this system would be based on an ad hoc committee of Pharmacist, Doctors, Pharmaceuticals and nurses,
They can "brainstorm" identify, "needs" potentials for abuse, only medical professionals can create a sensible, credible, system of policy. (Look at our Governments track record) Once the new policy is compiled, and ready for review, (And hopefully submitted heads of state and our choice to accept or not
would be done by popular vote. Furthermore, there must be an on-going advisory board to meet monthly, review data, discuss "Tagged" documentation, and ensure that their is complete compliance to the STATE policy, in the initial meeting, I would agree to have 2-3 DEA officials, but their comments must only be withen the context of "Diversion" and they would not be able to submit officially to the policy being developed.(Although their objections could be taken under consideration by the committe)
David

"The early bird catches the worm"...only proves that the worm should have stayed at home and in bed!

Posts: 5434 | Registered: January 05, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Citizen
Picture of Mike5050
Posted Hide Post
I'm sure it will come time where we see that every medication we are prescripted is documented in a database on a national level....this way people don't doctor shop or go to different pharmacies to shop for their drugs (for abuse reason). I can see that down the road, but not for a long time.

"At a distance of 2.6 pc or 8.6 light years away from Earth, Sirius is the largest star in the night-time sky"

Mike

Posts: 44 | Registered: September 07, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary

Posted Hide Post
All of this record-keeping is taking us down the wrong path. The next step will be scanning our ID's to buy a bottle of Scotch. And, since America is over weight, McDonalds will be next.

We are adults, capable of making our own decisions without the assistance of our government.

I would happily volunteer my time and resources to get the other train moving to stop this madness.

Posts: 962 | Registered: July 09, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of ~David~
Posted Hide Post
Absolutely right Manny, on the positive side, I talk to young folks all the time, many of them are much brighter and wiser than we give them credit for, and I will say, many of them are mad as heck and I think we are going to see a lot of protesting very soon, I sure hope so, because there is no way our government even remotely comes close to the government, "For the people, and by the people" it's up to all of us, young or old to protest what is going on.
Mr.McBushHitler has done nothing but further alienate us from countries that were once our allies, our borders are increasing being sealed like the Berlin wall,and we are being held hostage by our own government it is pathetic, it is disgusting, and it needs to change.
David

"The early bird catches the worm"...only proves that the worm should have stayed at home and in bed!

Posts: 5434 | Registered: January 05, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Minister
Picture of Smarty
Posted Hide Post
I strongly believe it isn't going to matter who gets elected, our government is run by lobbiests and special interest groups. The president if basically a lame duck figurehead. The DEA, CIA, FBI, etc. is a seperate entity with a life of their own and no one will be able to stop them. They are to strong. With more and more people wanting the government to run everything we will have no liberties left anymore. We will be totally dependent upon our government, hell we almost are now.

Oh and the reason I said that about the CIA is because I know someone that is in that "organization" and I asked one time who they are accountable to. I just got a look and a laugh.

Posts: 2167 | Registered: March 15, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of pharmboy
Posted Hide Post
Sorry, I am in an end of the work day mood. So now we are going to turn our entire health care over to it? Now I am big on civil liberties and it bothers me the way things are being chisled away. But it never ceases to fascinate me how some politicians can get their panties in a bundle over our government intercepting email messages between 2 people located in foreign countries whose exchange happens to go through this country, but don't bat an eye about our government owning our health records when we turn them over for national health care. Just seems odd. And we are about to let it happen. No, I will predict it will happen within the next two years. And it won't be Adolf Bush or Admiral McCain who will do it. You might say I am in a cranky mood. Sorry. Carry on
PB Smiler

FORE! PLAYING THROUGH!

Posts: 7584 | Registered: October 02, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Counselor
Picture of Ms. Mag
Posted Hide Post
My dear PB, I am sorry you are cranky. Maybe your day was less than "par". But, the good news is that you are home and with the ones you love...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ms. Mag,

Posts: 1087 | Registered: September 24, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Picture of pharmboy
Posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah, I forgot about Flaming Dragon! Eeker Eeker Eeker
Thanks Ms. Mag! Big Grin

FORE! PLAYING THROUGH!

Posts: 7584 | Registered: October 02, 2003 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Minister
Picture of Smarty
Posted Hide Post
Yes soon our medical records will be part of the government monster. Our phone and emails are already along with our financial information, home and land ownership, IRS records, soon we will have nothing that is private.

I have been reading about how there is a shortage of family practice doctors already because there is more money to be made in specialized medicine. If we have nationalized health care I can only imagine the kind of doctors we are going to be subject to, worse than we subject our vets to. Albeit not all are bad and I don't mean to lump them all together. It's just that most doctors treating the people that fought for our freedoms have been kicked out of high ranking hospitals and clinics for either misconduct or malpractice.

Yes PB let's not forget about your dear ole FD. You have the entire evening to love on him, er it, them, oh forget it. It's all yours for the evening anyway. Enjoy.

Posts: 2167 | Registered: March 15, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary

Posted Hide Post
SA, I recently met someone who works for the DEA. When I asked who they report to he rolled his eyes and laughed. So, the wild, wild, west is in charge of enforcement?

Posts: 962 | Registered: July 09, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Civilian Attaché
Picture of LILGAL1
Posted Hide Post
GREAT POST DAVID!
WE MUST KEEP OUR HEADS WHEN ALL AROUND ARE LOSING THEIRS.

WE THE PEOPLE HAVE TO STAND UP AND DEMAND ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

WILL IT TAKE ANOTHER HOLOCAUST BEFORE THE PEOPLE GET OFF THEIR "DUFFS" AND TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK?

BLESSED BE!

jan

Posts: 391 | Registered: September 21, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Senior Secretary
Picture of skbgiants
Posted Hide Post
Here is an interesting site with what states have prescription monitoring in place, or pending. These states will have a database on when you fill a controlled substance, insurance or not, and will "red flag" you if you "double dip" or fill too soon etc. My state, NC, has the grant, but has not implimented the program. I think this is a gross invasion of privacy, but thats my humble opinion.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/faq/rx_monitor.htm

-SKB

Posts: 832 | Registered: July 11, 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
  Previous Topic | Next Topic  powered by eve community    

PharmacyWatchers.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Other medicine related topics    How drug records are kept

All content belongs to PharmacyWatchers.com and may not be copyed or reproduced in any way.